The Supply Chain Specialist at Dorner strategically manages the acquisition of all assigned materials and services needed to meet the requirements of the company’s business plan. With minimal supervision you will select, develop and measure your assigned supplier base. This role will require you to accurately communicate expectations for the purpose of aligning them to our business strategy and its vision of LEAN. You will also facilitate supplier involvement in joint continuous improvement efforts with focus on quality, lead-time and total product cost. The Supply Chain Specialist will assist in the day to day resolution of problems as they arise.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform procurement activities for assigned/selected commodities
- Develop, mentor, and evaluate supplier metrics to drive continuous improvement of key supplier base
- Facilitate joint continuous improvement efforts with focus on quality, lead-time and total product cost.
- Coordinate supplier visits (both at Dorner and at the respective supplier sites) to continuously align key supplier base with Dorner’s vision of LEAN and to learn about new processes/technology.
- Participate on New Product Development team projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain management, Production Inventory Control, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of applicable experience, preferably in a cellular manufacturing environment.
- CPM, CPIM, or APICS certification a definite plus
- Strong negotiation skills are a must
- Trained in LEAN supply chain techniques, such as Kanban, vendor-managed inventory, or visual management tools is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Must be reliable, customer service driven, flexible, and approachable!
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of machining and finishing processes is a plus.